OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY COMMISSIONER SERVICE TAX
7TH FLOOR, C.G.O. COMPLEX,
C. No. CE/ST/Range VII/Code No/2002/832 Dated:
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
Subject: Introduction of Service Tax Code (STC) Number based on Permanent Account Number (PAN) allotted by the Income Tax as per Trade Notice No. 28/CE/Service Tax/2002 dated 12.4.2002 reg.
find enclosed herewith a copy of the Trade Notice No 28/2002 dated
12.4.2002, issued by the Commissioner Central Excise,
It is requested that the Trade Notice may be brought to the notice of all the members/service providers of Insurance Auxiliary services and urge them to apply for allotment of STC Code in the prescribed proforma provided therein.
for Deputy Commissioner
OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY COMMISSIONER SERVICE TAX
7TH FLOOR, 11TH BLOCK, C. G. O. COMPLEX
NO. CE-20/ADC/ST/Trade Notice/2001 Dated:
Service Tax Range VII
C. G. O. Complex,
Sub: Trade Notice No. 28-CE/Service Tax/2002-reg.
Please find enclosed herewith a copy of Trade Notice No. 28/2002 dated 12.4.2002.
You are requested to circulate the said Trade Notice to the concerned Association/Apex Body/ representative of the trade/Notice Board at the earliest.
OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER, CENTRAL EXCISE,
C. No. CE-20/ADC/ST/TRADE NOTICE/2001
Dated: March, 2002
Trade Notice No. 28 CE/Service Tax/2002
Sub: Introduction of Service Tax Code (STC) Number based on Permanent Account Number (PAN) allotted by the Income Tax Instruction reg.
In continuation of
Service Taxes assessees:-
1. Now the National Informatics Centre in consultation with the Directorate General of Service Tax and Directorate of Systems has developed a software for allotment of the new PAN based STC Number.
2. This software will run on a central computer and a Central Excise formation can access the server using internet and enter the details in the application form submitted by assessees. The computer will allot unique codes and the Allotment Letter can be printed by the excise formation keying in the data.
3. Now that the central computer will ensure the uniqueness of the code it
will not be necessary to send any application to the office of the Commissioner
or the office of the DGST and in all cases the application is to be keyed by
the Division where the application is submitted.
4. Since the database in the computer will have details of all the registered officers of the assessees it will not be necessary to furnish such a details in item 4 of Annexure II to Trade Notice No. 43 dated 14.9.2001 (Application Form). However, in case of an assessee following centralized billing/accounting in terms of sub rule(2) and sub rule (3A) of Rule 4 of the Service Tax Rules, 1944, it will be necessary to furnish such details.
5. Having recognized the need to achieve higher degree of accuracy in addresses of the applicants, a structure is being prescribed for address in item 3 of Annexure II.
6. The applicant should also indicate in Annexure II, the names of services being provided from the registered premises. Therefore, an item is being added in Annexure-II.
7. The Allotment letter to be sent to assessee should indicate the account head in which he is required to remit the taxes and other dues, since correct indication of these account heads will facilitate the proper accounting and reconciliation of revenue accounts will also be easy. Therefore, an item 5 is being added in Annexure III.
8. Modified Annexure-II & III are enclosed.
Circular No. ST-40/03/2002 dated 21.2.2002
F. No. 137/24/99-CX4
(To be filled in the Service Tax Cell)
FORMAT FOR APPLICATION FOR OBTAINING SERVICE TAX CODE NUMBER
The Deputy/Assistant Commissioner
(Address of the Service Tax Cell)
Subject: Allotment of Service Tax Code Number Regarding.
I/We may kindly be allotted Service Tax Code Number (STC Number) for which the details are as under:-
FORMAT FOR THE DETAILS (All entries shall be in BLOCK letters)
1. Name of the Applicant (S): ________________________________
2. Permanent Account Number: _____________________________________________
(Issued by Income Tax Department ) (Attested copy to be enclosed).
3. Applicants Premises or Offices registered under Rule 4 of Service Tax Rules, 1994. Existing Classification Code, if any:
Main Post Office
Division ____________ Commissionerate _________________ Location Code (To be filled by the Service Tax Cell (Headquarter/Division) ______________________
4. Names of Services provided from the registered premises by the applicant:
5. Does this office pay tax for services rendered:
From other Premises under Central Billing system: YES/NO
(sub-rule (2) and (3A) of Rule 4
If yes, give the following details for other Premises/Office
S. No. Name Service
and being No. No.
Please furnish the aforesaid information for each of the other registered premises of offices. Address should be furnished in the following format
Main Post Office
I/We hereby certify that the information given in this form is true, correct and complete in every respect and that I am authorized to sign on behalf of the applicant.
(Signature of the authorized person)
1. Use separate application form for each registered premises or offices, for allotment of STC Number.
2. Location Code is to be filled by the Service Tax Cell, Headquarter or Division, based on the new codes allotted by the Directorate of Statistics and Intelligence only.
3. Telephone numbers/Fax numbers/E-mail address is to be filled if available.
Subject: Allotment of Service Tax Code Number regarding
Your application for allotment of STC Number received on ________________ is hereby acknowledged. The Receipt Number is ______________ dated ______________.
(Signature of the Inspector)
With Official Seal
(Address of the formation issuing the letter)
F. No . Date:
(Name and Address of the Party)
Subject:- Allotment of Service Tax Code Number Application Receipt No ..Dated .
1. In place of your existing Classification Code(s) __________________, the STC Number is _________________.
Your STC Number is:________________________________
2. The Location Code concerning your registered premise or office is _________________.
3. You are advised to deposit Service Tax and other related Government dues in any of the authorized branches of the nominated bank(s) i.e._________________.
are requested to use the STC Number along with the existing Classification Code
(if any) till
5. You are advised to indicate account heads as indicated below in all challans used for remitting service tax or other dues (interest, penalty, etc.)
Service A/c Head For Tax A/c Head for Other
Signature of the officer with
With Official seal
(1) The Pay and Accounts Officer (Commissionerate Name)
(2) The Superintendent of Central Excise (Range Name-where applicable)